How to advocate against the confined disposal facility (CDF):
- Call and write to your elected officials including aldermen, the Mayor’s office, commissioners within the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, state legislators and congresspeople
- Utilize this CDF OpEd written by FOTP board member Pat Sharkey for your talking points. It can also be accessed here: https://files.constantcontact.com/d88c77d8001/40aa9724-17f4-4447-b64f-542a4b8a82ee.pdf.
- Interested in a deeper dive?
- Here is a Sharefile Link to the correspondence, data and reports provided by the Corps and Illinois EPA in response to Friends of the Parks Freedom of Information Act Request last June. Access it here: https://environmentallawcounselpc.sharefile.com/share/view/sb2e000f1b5d4e1e8
- Check out the US Army Corps of Engineers draft management plan.